cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI API Python Scripting (ACI Simulator)

Hi,

I've deployed the ACI Simulator made available by Cisco onto my company ESXI server. I'm a junior engineer who enjoys scripting  and would like to practice on a ACI APIC to help my company with a upcoming project. 

My question: is there anything I need to setup to allow for API interaction between my client device and APIC to allow me to practice scripting various configuration settings for ACI. I currently can ping the APIC from my client device and have created a script that can successfully get a token in the form of APIC-cookie : *token but any other interaction with the APIC to configure it results in a 403 error. 

I used API inspector to view what the APIC does when I manually create a object within the GUI and taken this directly into my python script but it seems not to work. I maybe missing something as I am pretty new to this but I'm confident from the video tutorials I've watched (lab minutes) I'm following the correct steps. 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @00u1cnw4sxi7u9iQl5d7 ,

Congratulations on getting the simulator deployed - that is the hardest part of the exercise you are trying to carry out.

But to answer your question, there is no extra steps that you need to perform to be able to practice running scripts.

And to practice getting the JSCON/xml requests intot he right shape, I'd suggest experimenting with Postman - there's a fairly decent tutorial at https://community.cisco.com/t5/data-center-and-cloud-knowledge-base/aci-automation-part-1-aci-with-postman-introduction/ta-p/3318219

BTW - you can do some awesome programming just using Postman!

And once you have a bit of practice there, try completing the free ACI Programmability online course at https://developer.cisco.com/learning/tracks/aci-programmability/

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License