cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Network Centric and Full ACI Mode

hurricane05
Level 1
Level 1

Can you run the ACI with both modes where one component (Tenant) is setup to operate as network centric and then also setup another component (tenant) as full ACI?

Thx in advance for any assistance provided.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @hurricane05 

Yes. Absolutely.  Remember that "network centric" and "application centric" or what I believe you are calling "full ACI" mode are just "styles" of configuring the ACI constructs like EPGs and Bridge Domains.  

Can I wear a polka dot shirt and striped pants?  Yes I can and often do!  

So yes. You can have tenant Network that has EPGs and Bridge Domains which map to say legacy VLANs so BD_25 and EPG_25 would map to your old Vlan 25.  And then you can have tenant Application with one Bridge Domain representing the 10.1.0.0/16 network and multiple EPGs representing applications like EPG_DB and EPG_Web, and EPG_Collab, and EPG_AD.

They can each have their own L3 Out or they can share an L3Out just as you need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Claudia de Luna
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @hurricane05 

Yes. Absolutely.  Remember that "network centric" and "application centric" or what I believe you are calling "full ACI" mode are just "styles" of configuring the ACI constructs like EPGs and Bridge Domains.  

Can I wear a polka dot shirt and striped pants?  Yes I can and often do!  

So yes. You can have tenant Network that has EPGs and Bridge Domains which map to say legacy VLANs so BD_25 and EPG_25 would map to your old Vlan 25.  And then you can have tenant Application with one Bridge Domain representing the 10.1.0.0/16 network and multiple EPGs representing applications like EPG_DB and EPG_Web, and EPG_Collab, and EPG_AD.

They can each have their own L3 Out or they can share an L3Out just as you need.

Thx for the feedback!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License