Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI simulator VM - no leaf/spine nodes

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I installed the ACI simulator OVA in VMware (version 4.2(5k)).

I went through the setup wizard and I'm able to connect to the configured OOB address of the APIC.

However, I don't see any leaf / spine switches pendig registration.

According the data sheet (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/application-centric-infrastructure-simulator/datasheet-c78-733252.html), there should be two leaf and one simulated spine switch. Did I miss anything here?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you keep the setup wizard defaults with the exception of the management IP?

Robert

View solution in original post

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Did you stick with the default 10.0.0.0/16 for the Infra IP address range?

I have discovered through painful trail and error that if you do not use 10.0.0.0/16 , no switches will appear for registraion, or the first switch will register then get lost.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you keep the setup wizard defaults with the exception of the management IP?

Robert

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Did you stick with the default 10.0.0.0/16 for the Infra IP address range?

I have discovered through painful trail and error that if you do not use 10.0.0.0/16 , no switches will appear for registraion, or the first switch will register then get lost.

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Johannes Luther
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for the hints. So I got it working and kept the following defaults during the Wizard:

- Fabric Name

- Fabric ID

- Number of controllers

- TEP pool

- BUM pool

I changed: APIC name, the Infra VLAN, strong Pwd and OOB IP ...
This works...

I wouldn't even change the Infra VLAN.  Really just need Management IP Access that's unique for the Sim.

Robert

Like @Robert Burns - I'd leave the infra VLAN at 4 - in early versions of the Simulator this was DEFINATELY necessary, and even now ACI seems to have a particular love of VLAN 4 (think IPN/ISN)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License