Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACI

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one clarify the below points.

Is it recomended to change the CISCO ACI Root/Admin password every 3months.Does this will create any issues?

Spine & Leaf config sync / communication will happen by using Admin/Root credentials?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Robo123 

The spine-leaf communication and configuration synchronization are managed automatically by the ACI software and do not rely on user-level credentials like admin or root.

The admin/root credentials are used when accessing the APIC for fabric management tasks, such as making configuration changes, performing upgrades, or accessing the system for troubleshooting.

Changing the admin/root passwords won't disrupt spine-leaf communication but should be done carefully to avoid affecting management access...

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Robo123 

Changing the admin/root passwords every 3 months is a good security practice and will not disrupt spine-leaf communication or configuration sync within the ACI fabric.

Just ensure that any other dependencies on these credentials are updated accordingly...

Best regards

M02@rt37 

Thanks for the update

Could you please confirm for the leaf and spine communication does Admin/Root credentials will come in picture.As per my my point of view it's not because spine leaf communication will use Coop protocol and only the new changes in the fabric then Root password is must?

Please correct me if I am wrong?

@Robo123 

The spine-leaf communication and configuration synchronization are managed automatically by the ACI software and do not rely on user-level credentials like admin or root.

The admin/root credentials are used when accessing the APIC for fabric management tasks, such as making configuration changes, performing upgrades, or accessing the system for troubleshooting.

Changing the admin/root passwords won't disrupt spine-leaf communication but should be done carefully to avoid affecting management access...

Best regards

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License