Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting FW, LB or any other equipment to ACI

pawannetpro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a very genuine problem. I am always confused when connecting devices to ACI. Where and how many bridge domains, VRF etc do I need to let device work as usual. For e.g., Connecting LB to the ACI. I mean how many BD, VRF etc be defined like we define in traditional network for device to work as usual.

Also, do we always require a device to land over to a bridge domain. what is its purpose?

How can I convert a traditional complex network design w.r.t how many bds, vrfs etc.do I need by just looking at the traditional network topology.

Please enlighten me.

2 Replies 2

Remi-Astruc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @pawannetpro ,

You unfortunately don't get an answer because your question is quite vague.

That is typically a case where you can involve Cisco CX Advanced Services or a Partner so we can help you on such design topics and knowledge transfer.

Hope this helps.

Remi Astruc

pawannetpro
Level 1
Level 1

I asked this question for learning purpose. I will repeat my Qs. again. I am not able to understand what bridge domains, VRFs, EPGs and Application profiles mean from a person having traditional network in mind. Can you make below mentioned traditional network design cases fit into ACI environment (at least for my understanding). You please only answer how do we do it in ACI.

1. I have two PCs behind two routers and I have to connect these two routers. The link between routers is L2 (single segment) and L3 (point-2-point link). The link between PC and routers is L2/L3. How do we do it in ACI?

2.  Two PCs behind two switches. I have connected switches together so that both PC can communicate with one another. The link between switch is L2.

3. If I connect any (any means any) device with ACI do they need to be part of a vlan. 

4. Does a device that connects to ACI need to part of an application profile.

I have many more confusions but I would be glad to get answers of the above ones.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License