Views
Helpful
Replies

Leaf to Spine with Dual Link in Port Aggregate

moj_ccie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There

I have 2*Spine (C9332) & 12*Leaf (C93180) in Bank DC.

I want to connect each leaf to spine with two link;

There are two solutions:

1. Port-Aggregate Links in Leaf & Spine (LACP)
  2. L3 IP Add. Assign for each phys. link (OSPF Participate & Neighbors)

Which solution is true & recommended for implementation ?

Thanks for your commends & helps.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @moj_ccie ,

I'm not sure where you got the idea that OSPF is used in the Underlay network in ACI.

You have posted your question in the Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) forum - but I'm beginning to wonder if your question is not related to ACI at all.

One of the main advantages of ACI is the fact that you just build the Leaf-Spine network and let ISIS automatically take care of it.

So, in ACI, you just connect the leaves to the spines and let ISIS take care of the load balancing.

If you are NOT talking about ACI, perhaps you should post your question in the Data Center Switches board

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @moj_ccie ,

The best option is option 3 - which follows the KISS principle.

3. Just connect the leaves to the spines and let ISIS take care of the load balancing.

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thanks, but OSPF is used for Underlay Network.

I understood that we use two link with two separated IP Add. instead of use two aggregated link with one dedicated IP Add. ?

Hi @moj_ccie ,

I'm not sure where you got the idea that OSPF is used in the Underlay network in ACI.

You have posted your question in the Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) forum - but I'm beginning to wonder if your question is not related to ACI at all.

One of the main advantages of ACI is the fact that you just build the Leaf-Spine network and let ISIS automatically take care of it.

So, in ACI, you just connect the leaves to the spines and let ISIS take care of the load balancing.

If you are NOT talking about ACI, perhaps you should post your question in the Data Center Switches board

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License