Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4700 authentication through IAS Radius

Hi ,

I configured my Cisco ACE appliance for IAS Radius authentication. The authentication is not sucessful. I tried different attribute settings on the IAS server, but still the authentication fails.The configuration details on ACE appliance is as below,

radius-server host 10.X.X.X key 7 "key" auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 authentication accounting timeout 20 retransmit 3

aaa group server radius RADIUS_SERVER

server 10.X.X.X

aaa authentication login default group RADIUS_SERVER local

The IAS server is Windows 2003 server. I have also attached the screenshot of the Radius server. Can someone please help in resolving the authentication issue please.

Thanks

Muralikrishnan

1 Reply 1

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Muralikrishnan,

From the last screenshot you have in your document, the Microsoft server is stating the reason for the failure as:

Authentication was not successful because an unknown user name or incorrect password was used

You might want to get a capture of the authentication process and verify that the username being sent to the RADIUS server is exactly what is configured on the RADIUS server.  Also, double-check the password used.  Your configuration on the ACE looks Okay, so I would focus for now on the user name and password.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card