Views
Helpful
Replies

anm 4.3 with css11506

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

experts

I have installed anm 4.3 and is trying to setup monitoring my css11506.

I have added the device and on the monitoring-setting-polling status, said the polling configuration is enabled, but the polling status time out.

The css11506 snmp configure as:

snmp trap-type enterprise

snmp cmmunity xxxxx read-only

snmp name "anm v4.3"

snmp trap-host 10.2.2.22 trap

snmp auth-traps

snmp trap-type generic

snmp trap-type enterprise reporter-transition

snmp trap-type enterprise sevice-transition

Could anyone advice me what I did wrong, and how to correct it?

Tny comment will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

julxu

2 Replies 2

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

experts

As I read doc about anm v4.3, to import device need ip and credentials. on css11506 doc, I can not find about credentials.

So I have only put ip address, but after importing device, I have error "polling is not functioning,verify that the SNMP credentials are correctly configured."

Could I ask, if css11506 has creadential can be configured? or viewed?

Any comments will be appreicated

Thanks in advance

julxu

Good afternoon Julxu,

In order to use ANM with a CSS, you don't need to configure any username or password. Just the IP address and the SNMP community is enough.

From what you pasted in your first email, it seems that SNMP is also enabled properly on the CSS, so your issue is most likely caused by a connectivity issue. To confirm this, I would recommend you to test SNMP connectivity between the ANM server and the CSS by running the command "snmpwalk -v 2c -c " from the ANM CLI (assuming you are using the RedHat based ANM). If you are using the ANM virtual appliance, then, you can try this command from another host in the same network as the ANM

I hope this helps

Daniel