Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch WAAS(547) missing from CM...can't add back

stiannord
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our branch WAAS devices had the wrong hostname and I edited our DNS/TACACS and updated the hostname in the WAAS itself.

I went to the Central Manager and deleted the old entry and went to the branch WAAS, enabled cms, disabled/enable the tcp promiscuous 61/62, and WCCP is up. I can see redirection happening on the WAAS and the router but the Central Manager does not have an entry for the WAAS device. I can also ping the central manager from the branch WAAS and visa versa. Everything seems to be working optimization wise but I can't figure out why I can't see the hostname of the box in the CM gui. It's been two days and it's not showing up.

Here is the cms info on the branch WAAS (IP's omitted).

waxxx-1a#sho cms info

Device registration information :

Device Id                            = 321765                             

Device registered as                 = WAAS Application Engine            

Current WAAS Central Manager         = <cm ip>                       

Registered with WAAS Central Manager = <cm ip>

CMS services information :

Service cms_ce is running

Do I need to delete the partitions on the branch WAAS or something? I'm at a loss.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stian,

Try cms deregister force.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stian,

Did you try deregistering and registering?

Can you do the following if it still doesn't after deregister and cms enable. Please go to the below link and visit the section highlighted in bold.

Recovering WAAS Device Registration Information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v431/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105458

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks for the reply.

I have a central manager address configured on the branch WAAS but when I try to deregister it, I get this output that it failed.

I can't follow the document because you need to select the device in the central manager to mark it replacable. The device doesn't exist in the central manager so I can't follow that document.

waxxx-1a#cms deregister

Deregistering WAE device from Central Manager will result in loss of data on encrypted file systems, imported certificate/private keys for SSL service and cifs/wafs preposition credentials. If secure store is initialized and open, clear secure store and wait for one datafeed poll rate to retain cifs/wafs preposition credentails.

If encrypted MAPI is enabled, windows-domain encryption-service identities will be disabled. The passwords must be re-entered again the next time the WAE joins a central manager.

Do you really want to continue (yes|no) [no]?yes

Disabling management service.

management services stopped

Sending de-registration request to CM

Unable to get Central Manager ip address setting. Please make sure 'central-manager address' is set

Device de-regsitration failed.

Hi Stian,

Try cms deregister force.

Regards,

Kanwal

Such a simple command. Thank You so much. Can't believe I missed it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: