cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CSS ICS via DWDM

MARTIN FELIX
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently splitting up a campus installation (2 datacenters with < 300m cable distance).

One datacenter remains on the campus, the other one is moved to another part of the town, approx. 30km away.

The two datacenters are interconnected using DWDM (don't have the exact specs at the moment, but I think we have got the equivalent of 16 duplexed 4Gb/s conenctions between the two data centers)

So far we have been able to move most of the equipment (including several members of Oracle RAC clusters on Linux and OpenVMS, VPN server farms, ESX cluster members and similar services), but we do not seem to bei able to get the Cisco CSS ICS link up on the DWDM.

Is there anything we can ask the DWDM provider to check, or is there no chance to get the ICS link up over DWDM?

1 Reply 1

Hi Martin,

I guess you are referring to ISC port, right?

As per CSS documentation: You must connect the ISC ports directly to the two CSSs. You cannot use Layer 2 devices on the ISC links between the two CSSs. Also, the ISC links must be dedicated to passing only ISC traffic.

For that reason I believe you need to reconsider your plan.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.20_v8.10/configuration/redundancy/guide/ASR.html#wp1038263

Best regards,

Ahmad