Views
Helpful
Replies

Citrix XenApp support

MichelRaa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does Cisco WAAS support XenApp 6.0 with feature pack 1 and XenDesktop 5?

3 Replies 3

Hi Michel,

The default WAAS policy for Citrix traffic is set for full optimization (i.e. TFO/DRE/LZ). In older versions of Citrix servers encryption and compression where not prevalent, and therefore they benefit from default policy. In later Citrix client and server versions compression is set to on by default. Therefore for these cases it is required to turn compression off on the Citrix clients and servers explicitly for best WAAS optimization.

Best regards,

Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

After the server guys migrated the users to the new citrix farm i cant compression for laptop users. The WYSE terminal users are fine.

Issue : When laptops and desktop use citrix ICA client the waas doesn’t compress the traffic.
ICA Client version : 11.0.55

Client settings : WAAS compatible (disabled compression and login is 128bit with encryption)

The version of the new farm is xenserver 5.6 (virtual server host) and CPS 4.5 feature pack 6 (virtual server guests).
I spoke to the server team and they say that the thin-clients use a different client version and the laptops use another version. We only have problems with laptops.

Thanks!

issue fixed. TAC sent me the recommended settings to be configured on both server and client. This procedure is different with the previous version of citrix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: