Views
Helpful
Replies

css11506 question

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need configuration assistence for service.

my current service configuration has use default load. and when a server is so heavy and it can not service new client,

my css11506 did not detect the problem and switch the server to down.

now, I have to fix this problem. so, to test changing load so the server will swithe to down,  I configured the service

load to load 4, and current load is 5, but, I have not seen the the service down. it still alive.

Could anyone advice me how can I setup a service so when it reach certain load, it will became down?

my service configuration like:

service my-service

ip address 10.1.1.111

protocal tcp

port 80

keepalive type tcp

keepalive port 80

load 4               -> this is just add for test, but it do not work.

active

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

julxu

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julxu,

For what you are trying to achieve, the easiest would be to configure a connection threshold on the service, so that, when the amount of simultaneous connections goes over this threshold, the CSS stops sending new connections to this service.

This is explained at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.20/configuration/content_lb/guide/Services.html#wp1026597

I hope this helps

Daniel

View solution in original post

Hi Julxu,

Yes, when the services reaches the max connection threshold, it will be considered down and no new connections will be sent to it. If you have a sorry server configured, all new connections will be sent to that one.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julxu,

For what you are trying to achieve, the easiest would be to configure a connection threshold on the service, so that, when the amount of simultaneous connections goes over this threshold, the CSS stops sending new connections to this service.

This is explained at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v8.20/configuration/content_lb/guide/Services.html#wp1026597

I hope this helps

Daniel

thanks daniel

will "max connection" bring the service down? I need the service go done when it is too heavy, so the traffic can redirect to sorrypage.

Many Regards

julxu

Hi Julxu,

Yes, when the services reaches the max connection threshold, it will be considered down and no new connections will be sent to it. If you have a sorry server configured, all new connections will be sent to that one.

Regards

Daniel

Hi,

Maybe you can try "balance aca", it detects quite good when a server is overload and it does not send more connections when a server goes slower.

Regards