cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

File change in-between Preposition syncs

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

This is a fairly basic question but I just can't put my finger on a definitive answer anywhere - if a file in a prepositioned fodler changes after the last sync, will a user accessing the file get the prepositioned version from the last sync or the new version (i.e. does WAAS check for updated versions of prepositioned files on access)?

Thanks.                  

1 Reply 1

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If a files has recently been change or created on the core server after the preposition job completed WAAS will still compare and run timestamps to  the server  against the files already preposition to the remote WAE. But the idea about preposition is to provide faster access to remote users accessing core files so if it is a new file that WAAS has to preposition from the scratch users performance might not be as good as with the files already preposition.

So best design  depends on how random your server files might change, there are types of jobs you  can configure(schedule) depending on your network changes.( if it is something possible to average)

Preposition Jobs:

-All Files (self-explanatory).

- Files Changed Since Last Preposition (compare timestamps of the files on the server against the timestamp from the termination of the last preposition iteration).

-Files Changed Since (specify a time frame in minutes, days, or weeks; files changed within this time frame is collected) should be fetched.

hope that helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: