cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS, DNS sticky and load balancing

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I have three gss in the two sites(gssm primary and gss member in site 1, gssm secondary in site 2) and two servers in each location to test DNS sticky and load balancing.

I expecting two clients which pointing to differnet D-Proxy server access to different WEB server because I configured the balance clause round robin. it operational sometimes but not always. I have no idea for the DNS caching in D-Proxy and client station. please guide me based on the following setup.

- two D-Proxy servers

- two clients which pointing to each D-Proxy

- configure two answers for each server as VIP

- one answer group with two answers

- one domain list and one domain.

- sticky state=global

- one DNS rule

> select the configured domain list

> select sticky method=By domain list

> Balance clause 1=configured answer group, round robin

> check the "sticky enable"

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

The DNS load balancing issue resovled by restart the D-proxy server. looks it related to the DNS caching.

Any information to understand the DNS caching in D-proxy and client stations ?

Thanks,

I'm also looking for information to write a test spec on DNS Cache, DNS TTL, Site failure tests, DNS event analysis, browser behavior analysis, etc.. A suitable URL to start to understand this process would be appriciated.

Hi,

find some informations about DNS-caching in the following link:http://www.secinf.net/unix_security/Linux_LAN__Internet_Firewall_Security_FAQ/Appendix_3_Configuring_a_DNS_Caching__Forwarding_Nameserver.html

This Link gives you an overview of how to configured DNS-Caching with bind and Redhat. this should give you an idea of what is happening. Everything else is more or less DNS-Server specific and has to be checked in the docs; bind is a quite well known DNS-Server. General informations regarding DNS can be checked in RFC 1034 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1034.html)

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Joerg