cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to view individual SSL-proxy service usage (TPS)?

bgfl-tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can the ACE provide any detail above and beyond just the overall ssl-connection rate for a particular context?

I have an ACE with two contexts and multiple ssl-proxy services configured within each and it would be really helpful to know the ssl-connection rate associated with each service (current, average, peak, etc) as I've got the issue where the SSL resource limit for one of the contexts has been reached and I don't know which service has jumped up in usage;-

Allocation

Resource Current Peak Min Max Denied

ssl-connections rate 0 250 250 250 351

I can set up custom MIB pollers based on OID values within our SolarWinds network monitoring system so even if the information isn't directly available through the ACE CLI but has an associated OID I'd be grateful for the info if any one knows it (or even just the OIDs that contain the connection rate values from the 'sh resource usage' command so I can graph the overall usage against date/time within SolarWinds).

Thanks

Matthew

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Matthew,

I do not know the OID to poll the service-policy info.

But if you do a 'show service-policy ' at regular interval and compare the hitcon, you can compute the connection rate for each service policy individually.

Gilles.

Not quite the simple solution I was hoping for but thank you for the advice.

Matthew