Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep alive script for HTTPS service with GET method

rlourenco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried to implement a keep alive to services that support HTPS connections. I’ve created a script that opens a tcp connection on port 443 and tries to do a GET of a test web page. This web page only displays “OK”.

In a resumed form I used the following script commands:

Socket connect host 192.168.136.134 port 443 tcp

Socket send ${SOCKET} “GET /teste.template\n\n”

Socket waitfor ${SOCKET}” 200 “ 2000

Socket disconnect ${SOCKET} graceful

I was unable to receive the expected “ 200 “response and received a message saying string not found, I used the socket inspect command to inspect the socket’s internal data buffer and the result was nothing, it seemed empty.

I tried the same operation using a linux machine that has IP connectivity with the Webservers and I was successful.

In the same CSS I have services configured to respond to HTTP sessions. I tried the following script and everything went well

Socket connect host 192.168.136.151 port 80 tcp

Socket send ${SOCKET} “HEAD /index.html\n\n”

Socket waitfor ${SOCKET}” 200 “ 2000

Socket disconnect ${SOCKET} graceful

When I issued the socket inspect command I could in fact see the socket’s internal data buffer content.

The CSS is running WebNS 5.0 build 66

Can someone give me a help?

Thanks,

Ricardo Lourenço

1 Reply 1

rlourenco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is no direct no direct link between TCP and SSL.

So, in spite of having success with the TCP port 443 connection the CSS will not be able to negotiate de security parameters necessary to establish the SSL session.

This was the reason for not having success through the use of the socket commands, as i refered in my original message.

Thanks for your collaboration,

Ricardo Lourenço

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: