cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing - Internet

lpena05073
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have two service provider with access to Internet and I like load balancing this links.... Is possible ?for example, service provider 1 only HTTP and service provider 2 all not HTTP. ¿?

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can do that using PBR (policy based routing) matching certain traffic patterns like HTTP to go to one ISP and the other traffic to go via other isp.

But you also need to be sure on the ip address space being used in your network and the kinda announcements the SPs do to their upstream providers to get u onto the internetworld.

regds

Hi,

Yes the two services provider use device Cisco so I use HSRP, the same IP range and the two announcement my IPs.

But I only config match with 0.0.0.0 and the specific port ? or % traffic por SP1 and SP2 ?

Is possible ?

hi

You can match the traffic patterns based on the port number using Access-list and bind them under the route map to force them via the prefrred link.

You can also make use of secondary host option available so that if the primary configured link is unavailable coz of some link problem traffic can take the secondary path thru the other working link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800c75d2.html

regds

YES, but this configuration is compatible with the CSS 11501 that is not the same software and the configuration is different. This is my question.

I don't have the security that the device CSS 11501 is able to make load balancing of two link.

YES, but this configuration is compatible with the CSS 11501 that is not the same software and the configuration is different. This is my question.

I don't have the security that the device CSS 11501 is able to make load balancing of two link.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card