Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 commands

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

I am newbie to Nexus 7000.  I have been reading a lot of Cisco documentation and links and notices that sometimes after we input certain commands in Nexus 7000, we need to do the folloing in order for the commands to apply:-

- Verify

- Commit

But sometimes we can just configure as per Cat 65xx series IOS.  Can someone please kindly explain to me when we need to "verify" + "commit" and when we don't need to??

Cheers,

Hunt

2 Replies 2

kitanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Are you refering "config session" feature of Nexus7000 ? Which document did you look at ?

With "config session" feature, you can check if additional  configuration that you

like to add can be accepted and succesfully  installed in hardware resource.

- Here is the configuration guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configuration/guide/sm_7sessionmgr.html

- Here is an example from my lab how to use it.

NXOS512# configure session TEST

Config Session started, Session ID is 1

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

NXOS512(config-s)# ip access-list ACL-TEST

NXOS512(config-s-acl)# exit

NXOS512(config-s)# show run | grep ACL-TEST <--- ACL-TEST has not been actually configured yet.

NXOS512(config-s)# verify

Verification Successful

NXOS512(config-s)# commit  <--- ACL-TEST is actually configured and required hardware resource is allocated.

Commit Successful

NXOS512# show run | grep ACL-TEST

ip access-list ACL-TEST

NXOS512#

If you just go global mode by executing "configure terminal", you can configure it as IOS.

If you find this helpful, pls rate this.

Regards,

Kimihito.

This  describes the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS fundamentals commands.

attach module
To start a command session on an I/O module, use the attach module command.

attach module slot-number
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/fundamentals/command/reference/fnd_cmd/fnd_commands.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: