Views
Helpful
Replies

Original Bytes / Optimized Bytes

CSCO12021643
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We deployed couple of WAAS and have some wired values on the "Connections Statistics" window on the CM.

Basically, for some flows the Original Bytes value is lower than the Optimized Bytes one ...

Howerver for these flows the 3 optimization icons DRE/TFO/LZ are visible (as you can see on the attachment file) ==> so we should have some optimization going on !

Anyone knows why do we have that ? and how to interpret it ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ismaël

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fatoumata Sow
Level 1
Level 1

Original Bytes value can be lower than the Optimized Bytes because the data is encrypted and the WAAS try to compress encrypt data. You need to change optimization policy and enable just TFO for this flow or disable encryption from application

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Fatoumata Sow
Level 1
Level 1

Original Bytes value can be lower than the Optimized Bytes because the data is encrypted and the WAAS try to compress encrypt data. You need to change optimization policy and enable just TFO for this flow or disable encryption from application

Thanks for your reply.

I'm gonna try that.

Best regards.

Ismaël

Hi,

The wired thing is that for the same type of flows (here TCP destination port : 8194), I have opposite behaviours :

- Original Bytes > Optimized Bytes on some case

- Optimized Bytes > Original Bytes on the others

How is that possible ?

If there is some encryption for that type of flow, I believe it's always the case and not sometimes ...

Thanks for the help.

Ismaël

hello Ismael,

It is possible that some data are encrypted and others in plaintext for the same application.

You need to understand how your application works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: