cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rservers in different network locations (subnets)?

is it possible to have Cisco ACE4710 load balance servers that are located in different subnets?  it should be ok as long as the ACE has the correct routes to those networks. right?  if it can it should also be able to do layer7 policy decisions correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct, I was just saying that with SNAT you don't have to worry about routing return traffic back to ACE, it will happen automatically.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

There is no restriction to where the rservers are located, as long as the return traffic comes back through the ACE... unless of course you are using one-arm mode with SNAT

I am using one arm mode with SNAT.  What would be the problem? Technically it should be the same.  As long as the traffic routes back to the NATed source IP address at the ACE. right?

You are correct, I was just saying that with SNAT you don't have to worry about routing return traffic back to ACE, it will happen automatically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: