Views
Helpful
Replies

transfering the existing SSL certificate from the 11503 to the ACE

shibi.ravindran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am new to ACE , We now have a new requirement . We are replacing existing pair of CSS with ACE 4710 appliances. The problem here is that I can see from the configuration that  some SSL certificate installed in CSS .Is it possible to transfer the existing SSL certificate from the 11503 to the ACE? Or, do we need to generate a new key pair and CSR on the ACE?  Is there any document available to know the steps for the same. Your help in this will be highly appreciated.

Regds

Ravi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shibi,

You should be able to export both the key and certificate from the CSS and import them into the ACE.

To export the certificate from the CSS, you just need to do the following:

• Use the "CSS# show ssl files" command to find the filenames of the certificate and key you want to export
  • Use the command "CSS# copy ssl ftp export "

Once exported, you can export these to the ACE using the instructions documented at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA5_1_0/configuration/ssl/guide/certkeys.html#wp1012347

I hope this helps

Daniel

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shibi,

You should be able to export both the key and certificate from the CSS and import them into the ACE.

To export the certificate from the CSS, you just need to do the following:

• Use the "CSS# show ssl files" command to find the filenames of the certificate and key you want to export
  • Use the command "CSS# copy ssl ftp export "

Once exported, you can export these to the ACE using the instructions documented at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA5_1_0/configuration/ssl/guide/certkeys.html#wp1012347

I hope this helps

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, Will try this .