cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidirectional WAAS deployment - On Purpose?

clayhawks
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure WAAS to optimize traffic in a unidirectional way? That is to say, if I have site A and site B and I only want to optimize traffic sourced in site A with a destination in site B, is that possible? Assume I have WAVE appliances in both locations, and I'm using WCCP for traffic redirection.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fabrizio Pedracini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Optimization has to be on a tcp flow. Meaning the WAAS needs to see requests+replies. If your questions is how to get optimization only when A is the connection initiator, then you can do such thing with WCCP redirect lists, creating 2 separate ACL's for service 61 and 62. Using the known tcp ports for the application you're using you can select to redirect only traffic sourced from A going to B to a specific port (80 / 445 and so on). Same on the other side, matching traffic coming from B with specific port going to A.

hope this helps,

Fabrizio

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Fabrizio Pedracini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Optimization has to be on a tcp flow. Meaning the WAAS needs to see requests+replies. If your questions is how to get optimization only when A is the connection initiator, then you can do such thing with WCCP redirect lists, creating 2 separate ACL's for service 61 and 62. Using the known tcp ports for the application you're using you can select to redirect only traffic sourced from A going to B to a specific port (80 / 445 and so on). Same on the other side, matching traffic coming from B with specific port going to A.

hope this helps,

Fabrizio