cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidirectional WAAS deployment - On Purpose?

clayhawks
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure WAAS to optimize traffic in a unidirectional way? That is to say, if I have site A and site B and I only want to optimize traffic sourced in site A with a destination in site B, is that possible? Assume I have WAVE appliances in both locations, and I'm using WCCP for traffic redirection.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fabrizio Pedracini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Optimization has to be on a tcp flow. Meaning the WAAS needs to see requests+replies. If your questions is how to get optimization only when A is the connection initiator, then you can do such thing with WCCP redirect lists, creating 2 separate ACL's for service 61 and 62. Using the known tcp ports for the application you're using you can select to redirect only traffic sourced from A going to B to a specific port (80 / 445 and so on). Same on the other side, matching traffic coming from B with specific port going to A.

hope this helps,

Fabrizio

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Fabrizio Pedracini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Optimization has to be on a tcp flow. Meaning the WAAS needs to see requests+replies. If your questions is how to get optimization only when A is the connection initiator, then you can do such thing with WCCP redirect lists, creating 2 separate ACL's for service 61 and 62. Using the known tcp ports for the application you're using you can select to redirect only traffic sourced from A going to B to a specific port (80 / 445 and so on). Same on the other side, matching traffic coming from B with specific port going to A.

hope this helps,

Fabrizio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: