cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Manager died, how to recover config from WAVEs?

Richard Ward
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

Our WAAS Manager had a HDD failure. The drive was replaced, and is now obviously a blank manager, is there a way I can import the config from the WAVE devices?

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Simply re-register your WAE's to the CM.

It will repopulate it's database with the config which is found on the WAE's and won't overwrite it with a blank one.

The only thing that you will loose is the devices groups you had defined on the CM and that will need to be setup again.

In the future, just make sure that you perform regular backup of the CM database with the "cms database backup" command.

Regards,

Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas,

I had done that, I was hoping there was a way to re-create the device group policies and class maps using the cli, or by importing them from the WAE's.

I'm guessing there is not and I'll have to re-create them all manually in the GUI?

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, the WAE's themselves are completely unaware of the groups they belong to, this info is kept on the CM only so lost CM equals lost group settings.

The only way to get them back would have been to restore a backup of the CM DB so it seems you are in for a bit of configuration on your CM and will take a backup as soon as it is done

Regards,

Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas,

I am re-creating my policies and maps, and will of course backup as soon as I'm done

thanks for the info.