cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS maximum bandwidth supported (WAE-502-G2)

n.oneill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We are looking to deploy a WAAS solution with the branches connected via 10Mb Ethernet services terminated on Cisco 2911's.  We are looking to include WAE-502-G2 modules for these routers but cannot verify the WAN bandwidth these modules support.  The reason I ask is that we originally looked at WAAS Express but the data sheet recommends a maximum of 6Mb WAN bandwidth for WAAS Express on the 2911.  I cannot find any recommendation for the modules only that the module for the G1 was rated at 4Mb (according to the SRND)

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

2 Replies 2

wrobbin
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot use the NME-WAE-502-K9 with the 2911s you need to you SM-SRE-700-K9 or  SM-SRE-900-K9

What i've seen is

SM-SRE-700-K9 6MB or SM-SRE-900-K9 8MB

I suggest you use WAVE-574-K9 6GB which has 20M.

Nick,

For the ISR-G2's such as the 2911 I would suggest you look at the SM-SRE modules.   For a 10Mb WAN you should be ok with a SM-SRE-700, which is targeted for 20Mb WAN links.

However, recommended WAN bandwidth is not limited in software or by any other system limit, but is rather provided as guidance for deployment sizing purposes.

The main limiting factor is number of expected concurrent TCP sessions to be optimized.  There are two scale options with the SRE-700  (small or medium).  The small will optimize up to 200 concurrent TCP sessions, and large will optimize up to 500 concurrent TCP sessions.  So, if you have 20 users at this site, and assume 10 TCP connections per user you will already be at the limit (e.g. no room for user growth), and I would suggest you go with the medium option.

Regards,

Mike Korenbaum

Cisco Data Center PDI Help Desk

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: