Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE-7341-K9 wrong code type have ACNS need WAAS

s.conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We ordered two WAE-7341-K9 devices with application acceleration code but received content engine code.  Is it possible to just install the

oe7341-4.1.7.11 code or do we need to send them back to the vendor and get new devices with the correct code?

WAAS01#sh ver

Application and Content Networking System Software (ACNS)

Copyright (c) 1999-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Application and Content Networking System Software Release 5.5.15 (build b2 Jul 6 2009)

Version: ce7341-5.5.15.2

Compiled 10:43:57 Jul 6 2009 by cnbuild

Compile Time Options: KQ SS

System was restarted on Fri Dec 3 20:52:38 2010.

The system has been up for 4 hours, 44 minutes, 1 seconds.

AOAUSWWS01A#sh device-mode current

Current device mode: content-engine

WAAS01#sh inventory

PID: WAE-7341-K9 VID: 0 SN: xxxxxx

our existing devices are fine - as an example:

WAAS01B#sh ver

Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software (WAAS)

Copyright (c) 1999-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software Release 4.1.7 (build b11 May 14 2010)

Version: oe7341-4.1.7.11

Compiled 14:56:28 May 14 2010 by cnbuild

System was restarted on Thu Dec 2 22:52:46 2010.

The system has been up for 1 day, 2 hours, 45 minutes, 24 seconds.

AOAUSGWS01A#sh device-mode current

Current device mode: application-accelerator

WAAS01B#sh inventory

PID: WAE-7341-K9 VID: 0 SN:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The best way to convert this sort of unit to WAAS is to use recovery CD.

Here is the process: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v417/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1173532

You can downlaod the .iso image for 4.1.7 from CCO and burn a cd out of that iso cd. Then boot the wae using this recovery CD and follow the steps mentioned in above guide.

Please also note that ACNS and WAAS in some cases use the same hardware. so when you recieve the hardware, it might show up different software. you can use the recovery cd option to rebuild it accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: if this Answers your question, please mark this as Answered.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The best way to convert this sort of unit to WAAS is to use recovery CD.

Here is the process: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v417/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1173532

You can downlaod the .iso image for 4.1.7 from CCO and burn a cd out of that iso cd. Then boot the wae using this recovery CD and follow the steps mentioned in above guide.

Please also note that ACNS and WAAS in some cases use the same hardware. so when you recieve the hardware, it might show up different software. you can use the recovery cd option to rebuild it accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: if this Answers your question, please mark this as Answered.

Thanks for the quick response.  I did see some recovery documents but wasn't sure about

changing code types.  I'll give this a go over the weekend and post back the results.

Thanks again,

Sean

Hello,

I was able to switch code products using the recovery CD-ROM.

Some things I learned.

It took about an hour then I had to reconfigure them and add them back to CM; so about 90 minutes for each device.  While you can back up the config and reinstall, I didn't bother as my devices weren't in production yet and only had some basic IP configuratuion.

I had two critical alarms after the code install.  One was for a missing license and one was for a RAID issue.  I was able to correct the license issue from CM.

Select the device then Admin\License Management and tick the ‘Transport’ (or whichever type your using) box then click the submit button.

The RAID alarm I didn’t fix myself.  Depending on the device model, the process of using the recovery CD-ROM involves rebuilding the RAID array.  The install process continues while the RAID array rebuilds in the back ground, at least that’s how I think it works as the documentation wasn't clear on that point.  When I left for the day the RAID alarm was still showing on the CM.  The next day there weren’t any alarms.  I was able to find a mention is some other documentation the the RAID rebuild process can take several hours.

Thanks again for your help.

Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: