cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Ability to upgrade

mikebayless
Level 1
Level 1

I have been out of town for a while and have not had a chance to work on this.  But I am having an issue with the TBA device when  I went to go upgrade it I don't have the option anymore.  When I right click the device it does not give me an upgrade option as well when I click on more details I don't have that option either.  Maybe I missed something but I thought that is how I was doing it before.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike,

If the Cisco device is not glowing yellow, then no upgrade is available for it and therefore the option will not appear in the "Actions" drop down. Is your TBA yellow?

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike,

If the Cisco device is not glowing yellow, then no upgrade is available for it and therefore the option will not appear in the "Actions" drop down. Is your TBA yellow?

Thanks,

Marcos

Assuming that the device isn't showing yellow in the topology, it is likely already running the current firmware as Marcos indicated.  During the trial, the portal will automatically upgrade the TBA's firmware at night during the maintenance window set on the site.  However, it won't automatically upgrade any other devices that might affect the functioning of the network, such as switches, WAPs, and routers.

Scheduled upgrades of these other types of devices (rather than manually clicking upgrade) is a feature that marketing folks are tracking for the portal.  If this is an important feature for you, please let us know!

-mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: