Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 and Panasonic phone - Caller ID won't show

Jonatan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a Panasonic wireless phone at home, connected to the SPA112 which is connected to an Asus Router so I can use the phone via VoIP. Outbound calls are working fine, incoming calls too, but the inbound number is not displayed on my phone (only '0'). I checked the configuration and I think everything is correct. I live in Spain and I am using Caller ID Method: ETSI FSK v.23.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It depends.

CID may not be delivered from upstream to SPA112 at all.

CID may be delivered to SPA112, but it's the protocol used for delivery to Panasonic is not recognized by Panasonic (there's so many protocol, SPA112 supports few of them, I don't know which one is supported by Panasonic phone).

CID is known to SPA112, is delivered to Panasonic by protocol known to Panasonic, but signal is distorted so much to be received properly. Cause is so low quality of analog line between SPA112 and Panasonic base station.  

CID is known to SPA112, succesfully delivered to Panasonic, but CID marked as "don't display" thus it's not displayed.

This list of possible causes is not exhaustive. 

Turn on Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2 and SPA232D ATA (Analog Telephone Adapters) and disclose log captured.

It may or may not help us to narrow the possible cause. Also, check Panasonic phone documentation to identify the CID protocols supported.