Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Pro, Disable Onscreen User Interface

sjpope40
Level 1
Level 1

I accidently issued this command on a newly deployed Webex Pro codec: 

xconfiguration userinterface interaction: onscreen

I was re-writing an AMX control module for an SX series codec and forgot to take that line out. 

I want to turn this off but I cannot find the command to do that. It looks horrible and I am doing all of my control from the touch panel so it isn't necessary. 

Does anybody know the command that disables the userinterface interaction: onscreen?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

I was working on the TAC case you opened, could you try running the command below and see if that helps? this should reset the setting to what it's set by default. Will also document it on the case just FYI for other people running into this issue.

xConfiguration UserInterface Interaction: Peripheral

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @sjpope40,

I want to make sure you have these two documents:

Hope this helps!

Hello @Alexander Stevenson 

I need the commands for the WEBEX CODEC Pro. This is the API that I am working off of: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce915/collaboration-endpoint-software-api-reference-guide-ce915.pdf

The issue is that this specific command: 

xconfiguration userinterface interaction: onscreen

is depreciated and I activated it on accident and it activated the simulated remote control commands that you see on the screens where you VTC is at. I now have all this garbage on my screens that doesn't go away until I go into a call. 

I need to xcommand to turn this off. Since the command is depreciated it isn't in the documentation!

I looked in the old documentation and cannot find the command there (all the way back to ce9.5). 

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see. Well I don't have an answer for you. Hopefully an expert with Webex Codec Pro will see this and respond.

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

I was working on the TAC case you opened, could you try running the command below and see if that helps? this should reset the setting to what it's set by default. Will also document it on the case just FYI for other people running into this issue.

xConfiguration UserInterface Interaction: Peripheral

Hope this helps.

sjpope40
Level 1
Level 1

Randy - thank you very much, that was the command. 

We found this by accident right before I read this by looking at a factory reset codec and downloaded the config. This command is loaded into the default config. 

I hope this helps anyone else stuck in this onscreen frustration!