cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting voicemails to WAV?

detho9000
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to programmatically export a user's voicemails to WAVs or something similar?  I looked through the API and nothing specifically jumped out at me, but I figured I would ask.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Messages are stored in email format (you can extract them as EML for instance) - you can get to the WAV attachments (forwarded messages will have several) as well as the transcription text if that feature is present.

The Message Archiver CLI tool is the easiest way to get folk's messages out as EML files - it includes the ability to keep track of messages downloaded already from a system and to do delta backups of just missing messages if you're looking at keeping archives of some or all messages for users.  You can check it out here:

Connection Message Archiver Cli

If you extract messages via REST you can get the message parts (i.e. text and wav files) and download just those parts if you like.  COBRAS and other backup tools use IMAP to login and pull messages (which is much faster for large message counts) and then stores them as EML files.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Messages are stored in email format (you can extract them as EML for instance) - you can get to the WAV attachments (forwarded messages will have several) as well as the transcription text if that feature is present.

The Message Archiver CLI tool is the easiest way to get folk's messages out as EML files - it includes the ability to keep track of messages downloaded already from a system and to do delta backups of just missing messages if you're looking at keeping archives of some or all messages for users.  You can check it out here:

Connection Message Archiver Cli

If you extract messages via REST you can get the message parts (i.e. text and wav files) and download just those parts if you like.  COBRAS and other backup tools use IMAP to login and pull messages (which is much faster for large message counts) and then stores them as EML files.

Excellent, thanks for the information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: