Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue : Cisco IP phones crashes with Built-in-Bridge feature on

AhmedAziz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team, 

We have experienced an issue that soft phone crashes when Build in bridge feature is enabled

So we have disabled "Built in bridge" and used "Media Termination Point required" instead 

Now we have this error : attached 

is there a way to be able to Monitor calls via Finesse with the BiB disabled

I appreciate your assistance

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For silent monitoring, I believe the BiB is required.  Which softphone is crashing?  Assuming it's Jabber, might make sure you are using a recent version of Jabber/UCM, otherwise it should be supported - perhaps work with Cisco support/TAC on the root cause?

It’s IP communicator CIPC

It’s IP communicator CIPC

Unfortunately CIPC is (very) long obsolete...I wouldn't be surprised if there are incompatibilities with recent Windows OS's when using some of the more interesting features like BiB.

Just a hint from something that happened to me a few times when using CIPC in a VM:

- Try running is with elevated/Admin privileges

- Try reconfiguring the audio settings in CIPC to 'default' devices

- Try running on a native Windows OS

In the end you may need to move away from CIPC and use Jabber or a physical device...

Hi Ahmed,

Which version of CUCM you are using? We are also using CIPC but don't face any issue as reported by you.

What happens if you don't enable BIB? Does normal calling works? When it crashes, just after enabling BIB or when you calls monitoring APIs.

Regards,

Umesh