Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK for Web - initialization issue

Branimir.Tesija
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am unable to run the sample appcation in my browser.when I tried to run the Jabber SDK for web (video-voice sample application) in Chrome or Firefox and got below message. And also Popup alert shows "Lost connection with add-on".

This is my environment:
Browser: Google Chrome 91.0.4472.77 or Mozzila Firefox 88.0.1 (64-bit) (same error appears in both browsers)
Jabber SDK version: JabberSDK-voice-video-Web-11.8.3
Jabber SDK browser add-on: 11.8_MR2
Google Chrome extension: Cisco Web Communicator 11.8.2.1
Please let me know the reason for this issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks !

Chrome Console log:

Logger.js:62 [cwic][INFO ][12:15:40.204] System Initializing.
Logger.js:62 [cwic][INFO ][12:15:40.205] Detected Chrome browser.
Logger.js:62 [cwic][INFO ][12:15:40.205] Initializing Chrome extension.
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] waiting for 'init' as extension: mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo
Logger.js:62 [cwic][INFO ][12:15:40.229] Chrome extension has been initialized.
cwic_plugin.js:1 [cwic.ext] 12:15:40.230 loaded with origin: ...
cwic_plugin.js:1 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. 
loadExtProps @ cwic_plugin.js:1
init @ cwic_plugin.js:1
onExtensionLoaded @ ChromeExtension.js:52
load (async)
ChromeExtension.initialize @ ChromeExtension.js:32
initialize @ SystemController.js:139
SystemController.initialize @ SystemController.js:262
(anonymous) @ sample.js:10
ready @ ciscobase.js:392
DOMContentLoaded @ ciscobase.js:745
cwic_plugin.js:1 [cwic.ext] 12:15:40.407 append_iframe onload
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 12:15:40.416 initializing extension channel {cwicExtId: "mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo", verbose: true, version: "11.8.2.0", system_release: "Cisco Unified Communications System Release 11.8", objectId: "cwic_relay"}
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 12:15:40.417 Content script connected to Cisco extension: mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 12:15:40.417 forward ciscoSDKClientMessage 'init' to background script
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 12:15:40.575 send ciscoChannelServerMessage 'HostDisconnect' to client
Logger.js:110 [cwic][ERROR][12:15:40.577] Connection with add-on has been lost

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure your browser is pointed to the latest Voice/Video sample.html? Honestly, I've made the mistake of pointing to the URL I used to use (a previous version of the SDK) by mistake, so it's worth checking.

Everything works fine for me. Here's the console output I get:

load (async)
cwic_plugin.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.992 append_iframe onload
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.996 initializing extension channel {cwicExtId: "mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo", verbose: true, version: "11.8.2.0", system_release: "Cisco Unified Communications System Release 11.8", objectId: "cwic_relay"}
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.996 Content script connected to Cisco extension: mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.997 forward ciscoSDKClientMessage 'init' to background script
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] ciscoSDKClientMessage received on main window but it is not 'init' or not for our ext id. {ciscoSDKClientMessage: {…}, ciscoChannelProperties: {…}}
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:52.686 send ciscoSDKServerMessage 'init' to client
Logger.js:39 [cwic][DEBUG][16:52:52.687] Received Message: init {messageId: "a7177db3-5a18-40b4-9718-60fbdb972eb0", replyToMessageId: "0", name: "init", content: {…}}
Logger.js:62 [cwic][INFO ][16:52:52.688] System Initialized.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure your browser is pointed to the latest Voice/Video sample.html? Honestly, I've made the mistake of pointing to the URL I used to use (a previous version of the SDK) by mistake, so it's worth checking.

Everything works fine for me. Here's the console output I get:

load (async)
cwic_plugin.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.992 append_iframe onload
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.996 initializing extension channel {cwicExtId: "mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo", verbose: true, version: "11.8.2.0", system_release: "Cisco Unified Communications System Release 11.8", objectId: "cwic_relay"}
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.996 Content script connected to Cisco extension: mbhnoblcplfcookpoennihpndjobapeo
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:51.997 forward ciscoSDKClientMessage 'init' to background script
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] ciscoSDKClientMessage received on main window but it is not 'init' or not for our ext id. {ciscoSDKClientMessage: {…}, ciscoChannelProperties: {…}}
contentscript.js:1 [cwic.ext] 16:52:52.686 send ciscoSDKServerMessage 'init' to client
Logger.js:39 [cwic][DEBUG][16:52:52.687] Received Message: init {messageId: "a7177db3-5a18-40b4-9718-60fbdb972eb0", replyToMessageId: "0", name: "init", content: {…}}
Logger.js:62 [cwic][INFO ][16:52:52.688] System Initialized.

Branimir.Tesija
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

i am sure, there is just one Voice/Video sample.html in downloaded SDK archive:  JabberSDK-voice-video-Web-11.8.3  . 

i don't have previous version of the SDK. 

Kind regards,

Branimir 

I can only take wild guesses, since I can't reproduce your problem here. Is there something unusual about how you're running Windows (for example, in a virtual environment)?  Is it possible one of your other browser add-ons or extensions is conflicting with the Cisco add-on extension?  What are you using for a web server?  I use XAMPP's Apache.  I have to open an admin command line window in Windows and perform "net stop http" so that I can let my browser default to port 80 in order to open the sample. Otherwise Windows hogs up port 80, and I'd have to change Apache to use another port.

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 9.0 . Sample.html is served on port 8080. I made simple web application with Cisco sample.html and all javascript files.

The same problem occurs also with Firefox browser  -with version:  83.0 64 bit on Windows 7, and  88.0.1 64 bit on Windows 10.

My Firefox browser was automatically updated today (Windows 10) to version: 89.0 (64 bit).

I tried to run a test Cisco example and the component successfully initialized !!!

Please , please can You explain such behavior in different browser versions and why is web sdk so "fragile" ?
How can we ensure that this does not happen to our customers ?
Please let me know which browser versions are officially supported by Cisco?

Thanks !

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"I'm using Tomcat 9.0"

I assume you mean you're using Apache web server?  Tomcat is not a web server in the same sense that Apache, IIS, etc., are web servers.  If you're truly using Tomcat, then you have included Java somewhere in the mix.

The web sdk is not at all "fragile" in my experience. When I do something wrong, it doesn't work. When I do it right, it works. In some cases a conflicting add-on or extension can cause a problem, but that problem is not with the SDK or the browser.

Here are the officially supported browsers and platforms:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/jabber-web/#!get-started/windows

Firefox version 50.0 is from November 15, 2016, Google Chrome version 55 is released on 2016-12-01 ?!
None of our customers use these browsers .
What about support for current versions?

That's minimum support. It should support any versions greater than what's listed but not necessarily prior versions.