Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber web browser add-on installation fails

jmartinezcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having the error 1904 when I try to install the add on: "npCiscoWebCommunicator.dll failed to register"

SDK error.jpg

I was asking in this thread but I got 0 answers so I will try creating a new one.

Cisco Web Communicator Add on for Windows - Installation Fails

The problem only shows up when I try to install the version 11.8.1 and 11.8.0 (Version 11.7 installs correctly) on WES7 (Windows Embedded Standard 7) and on Windows ultimate which is interesting because WES7 is built with the same framework as Windows Ultimate.

Then I tried with windows professional and it installed without problems but I cant use this Windows version in the computer where I have to install the add-on for many reasons.

Is this add-on incompatible with WES7 / Windows Ultimate?

Is there a work around for it?

3 Replies 3

Haiya Li
Level 1
Level 1

i met this issue too, but, there is no answer. But, i could install the v11.7, really strange.

The windows was configured to not download updates. After changing that and apply the updates the installation worked with version 11.8.1. Now I need to figure out which update is the one that was needed because my device doesn't have too much space left to leave them all.

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue.  The fix will be in 11.8.2, but unfortunately, I don't have a release date for that, yet.

The The CDETS (defect) id is CSCve08566.

Some people have had success by uninstalling all old versions first, rebooting, and then installing 11.8.1 fresh.  Also, some antivirus programs incorrectly detect an open source library as malware and prevent it from getting installed.  So try disabling any antivirus first, then install. The library is perfectly safe.

But 11.8.2 should take care of all of this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: