Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about phones built-in-bridge

We have done the following to an 8851

1. enabled its Built in Bridge (BiB)

2. configured it for automatic call recording enabled

3. setup a recording profile and configured the phone to use it

4. Setup recording media source to "phone preferred".

5. Setup a route pattern and SIP trunk to the recording device

When I call the route pattern directly, the trunk is engaged a call is made to the recording device. However, when we make a call to the 8851 which should engage the route pattern and send a fork of the audio via BiB to the recording device, this never happens.

My question: How can we test the BiB to make sure it is working in the phone? Is there anything else we should do to make the phone engage the route pattern automatically to send a fork of the audio to the recording device?

1 Reply 1

Nuno Melo
Level 4
Level 4

On the phone web page you can check the audio  rtp packet information, if you have a second stream during a call, its a good indication that BIB is working.

Additionally i would recommend you set privacy off at the phone or clusterwide level, since this has been recommended on the Cisco Troubleshooting doc, and also by some recordig software manufactores like Nice.

The link to the document is available bellow:

Call Recording Basic Configuration and Troubleshooting - Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: