Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REM 11.6 IE 11 connection problem

Hi everyone, We installed REM 11.5(1), now upgraded to 11.6(1) in a customer that is not using Reverse proxy, instead is using Fortinet FW that is doing SSL offloading and NAT, Connection from outside using Chrome and Firefox works fine, but with IE11 connection failed, stayed in "connecting" state, looking the plugin LOG file, we found that there is "tls handshake failed" error, do you know what are the requirements for the public certificate? The certificate is from Comodo, and works well for other applications and Chrome/ Firefox web browsers.

The certificate is loading in FW, from the inside network, we can connect with any problem with IE11

On the other side, customer wants to REAS node do the "ssl ofloading" and load the public certificate, is that supported? I did not find nothing about that in documentation, will this consume a lot of cpu resources?

Excuse me for my English...is not my native language.

Regards

Gustavo

1 Reply 1

robdoyle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gustavo,

It sounds like IE is not happy with the handshake on the Fortinet FW. Perhaps speak to Fortinet support regarding that? Some of the connections need to be upgradable to websockets and not all firewalls will support this by default.

On the other point, the REAS server isn't designed to be externally facing and would be vulnerable to attack so your customer is best to keep with the recommended architecture as outlined in the design guide.

Regards,

Rob