Views
Helpful
Replies

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

sashahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate the framework to make a simple video call using the latest version (Jabber Guest for iOS - 11.0.2)

I've followed all the steps given in the dev guide (Cisco Jabber Guest SDK for iOS Developer Guide).

1. Building it for a simulator, I get 2 errors - ld: warning: ignoring file JabberSDKObjCDemo/JabberGuest.framework/JabberGuest, missing      required architecture x86_64 in file JabberSDKObjCDemo/JabberGuest.framework/JabberGuest (2 slices)

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_CJGuestCall", referenced from:

objc-class-ref in ViewController.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

2. On changing the Architectures and Valid Architectures settings in the Build Settings to support only 32 bit, I get the same, except      instead, now it shows 2 errors - missing architecture i386.

3. On building the same for the device, I get - 18 errors -

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Also, Xcode (8.3.3) tells me to turn off Bitcode generation or get a new version of the framework from the vendor.

Can I not just run an app on the simulator at all ? Also, since it does not seem to support 64 bit architecture, will I not be able to run it on a device also ?

If possible, please upload a new version for the framework with support for all the required architectures.

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears that the Jabber Guest iOS SDK does not support the iOS simulator (which is implemented using i386 architecture on the Mac )

https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-guestsdk/documents/guest-ios-dev-guide/v11_0_0/index.gsp#requirements

I believe this would explain the errors regarding missing components for 'x86' and/or 'architecture'

Thanks for the reference ! Yes, that should clear up the i386 errors. But I get the same errors when building for a device as well. Will check it out on the device once more and let you know.