Views
Helpful
Replies

Push config to Network Devices?

mehdi.rashidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

From what I've seen so far in APIC-EM API, you can pull device information and configuration but I don't seem to find APIs for pushing config to devices. Is there already APIs for this or this is in road map for future releases? Anybody has any idea/info?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

cchitnis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you interested in pushing config for specific solution (like iWAN) OR push ANY custom config to ANY device?

I don't think there're APIs for the general case as of now. However, in case of iWAN, in release 1.4, we are providing a feature whereby you can push any config template to supported device.

I’m more interested to push a custom config, say adding a new vlan, to a bunch of devices, defining the interfaces that this vlan needs to be applied, etc. Something similar to what Apstra trying to do. Intents driven configuration.

Hi

You can push a configuration to devices via api.

But there is no vlan api (exept for reading) You have to do the checks in your code (vlan exists already, properly configured etc.). Not really the support you expect from a api right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community