cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM API error - Automation Anywhere - Could not parse the WSDL https://10.20.3.85:8443/axl/ for SOAP request

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

We are sending SOAP web service from Automation anywhere towards CUCM and we are getting below error .

"Could not parse the WSDL https://10.20.3.85:8443/axl/ for SOAP request."

Can anyone 1 guide how we can resolve this issue . Same is working with POSTMAN .

Attched screenshot.

Thanks in advance .

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have not used AXL with ServiceNow, however based on the screenshot, I would note that CUCM does not serve the AXL WSDL itself by URL - you have to download it via the AXL SQL Toolkit from the CUCM admin "Applications" menu.

So, in  'Connect to WSDL by' would probably need to be 'File', uploading the AXLAPI.wsdl file from the Tookit, and "Address location (optional)" would need to be the actual CUCM host AXL endpoint, e.g. "https://cucmserver:8443/axl/'

However, the AXLAPI.wsdl file refers-to/imports an additional schema file AXLSoap.xsd, which is necessary for WSDL-based automation to use the WSDL.  It doesn't appear that the ServiceNow form anticipates this possibility...

You might be able to combine the AXLAPI.wsdl and AXLSoap.xsd into a single, larger AXLAPI.wsdl, i.e. by replacing the <import ... /> line in AXLAPI.wsdl with the entire contents of AXLSoap.xsd (minus its first <?XML ...?> line).

View solution in original post

Not sure what the difference is for credential/variable/insecure-string: maybe try credential?

AXL requires Basic auth, with base64-encoded credentials in "username:password" format. 

Also, make sure the AXL service URL includes the trailing '/' as this is significant.

If you can get the service to provide you with the raw HTTP request it is sending to AXL, that may prove helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have not used AXL with ServiceNow, however based on the screenshot, I would note that CUCM does not serve the AXL WSDL itself by URL - you have to download it via the AXL SQL Toolkit from the CUCM admin "Applications" menu.

So, in  'Connect to WSDL by' would probably need to be 'File', uploading the AXLAPI.wsdl file from the Tookit, and "Address location (optional)" would need to be the actual CUCM host AXL endpoint, e.g. "https://cucmserver:8443/axl/'

However, the AXLAPI.wsdl file refers-to/imports an additional schema file AXLSoap.xsd, which is necessary for WSDL-based automation to use the WSDL.  It doesn't appear that the ServiceNow form anticipates this possibility...

You might be able to combine the AXLAPI.wsdl and AXLSoap.xsd into a single, larger AXLAPI.wsdl, i.e. by replacing the <import ... /> line in AXLAPI.wsdl with the entire contents of AXLSoap.xsd (minus its first <?XML ...?> line).

Hello  @dstaudt 

Thanks for your help .

Now i can see some different error " 401 Unauthorized. Authentication failed for SOAP URI " attached .

Application user is correct with there role - standard axl api access . Attached .

I was thinking i have to add credential in header or link but not sure how to perform this ….

Waiting for your kind response  .

Thanks  .

Hi ,

Also tried with Basic Authorization but issue is still same for Auth. See attachment ,

Please let me know if i miss something here .

Thanks .

Not sure what the difference is for credential/variable/insecure-string: maybe try credential?

AXL requires Basic auth, with base64-encoded credentials in "username:password" format. 

Also, make sure the AXL service URL includes the trailing '/' as this is significant.

If you can get the service to provide you with the raw HTTP request it is sending to AXL, that may prove helpful

@dstaudt  , AXL service URL includes the trailing '/' as this is significant Is works for me .

Thanks for your guidance .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: