cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to determine if CIscoIPPhoneExecute Dial worked?

jmennear
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would like to use CiscoIPPhoneExecute to dial a number, I would like that execution to be during off-hours for the enterprise so as to not impact any people that might be in the office.

Is there a way that I would know that the Dial worked, that the phone on the other end is ringing?

If the dial plan was not set up properly I think I would get a fast dial tone indicating that the call failed. But, I need the program that is sending that "Dial" command to know that the call failed, or succeeded.

Is this only possible to determe with JTAPI?

1 Reply 1

amoherek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to do a very simple post to the phone, you can use the attached HTML. You will need to change the IP address to your phone's IP address.

When you send the CiscoIPPhoneExecute to the phone, the phone will send back a response. If the phone sends an error, then you know it did not ring. If you get a successful response, then it probably rang. However, the best way to determine that is to use JTAPI.

You can use JTAPI to send CiscoIPPhoneExecute to the phone and monitor the phone to see if it's ringing. You will want to use the sendData() API.

Thanks,

Adrienne