cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI Event terminal sometimes UPPERCASE for mix case CSF devices

royp1
Level 1
Level 1

While using CSF devices created with mix case / lower case, the JAPI events and CiscoTerminial returned by JTAPI is inconsistent.

The CSF devices are created as CSF<user-id> (user-id is in lower case from Active Directory e.g smithj )

Provider.getTerminal() may return CiscoTerminal as CSFsmithj and in the events the Event Terminal is reported as CSFsmithj sometimes and CSFSMITHJ at other times.

Is there a way to eliminate this inconsistency, e.g by some configuration setting when creating the CSF type device?

Thanks

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not aware of any configuration that would change/enforce capitalization there; other than attempting to manually enforce device naming guidelines (e.g. always use upper case), or using AXL to programmatically change lowercase names to uppercase, my suggestion would be to assume you might get varied case depending on where the device name is coming from, and e.g. always uppercase it before attempting to use it for matching, etc.  If that approach isn't feasible, perhaps a fix could be proposed against JTAPI (or whetever other component in the stack is causing the inconsistent casing) - however, you then have to always insist that the particular fix is applied...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not aware of any configuration that would change/enforce capitalization there; other than attempting to manually enforce device naming guidelines (e.g. always use upper case), or using AXL to programmatically change lowercase names to uppercase, my suggestion would be to assume you might get varied case depending on where the device name is coming from, and e.g. always uppercase it before attempting to use it for matching, etc.  If that approach isn't feasible, perhaps a fix could be proposed against JTAPI (or whetever other component in the stack is causing the inconsistent casing) - however, you then have to always insist that the particular fix is applied...

royp1
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for a detailed reply, @dstaudt.  I have implemented non-case-sensitive matching of Terminal name with the device name to work-around the issue. However, the inconsistency in Terminal name from JTAPI was bewildering.. I thought perhaps we have missed something in the configuration when creating the CSF type devices.