Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI - How to cancel a call consult without dropping the active call

amit_akuka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if its possible to cancel a running call consult - while the active call is in hold state and the other call is on going to the target and waiting to be answered.

I tried to use connection.disconnect(); - it drops the on going & the active call that in hold state.

also getting the consult call object and using consultCall.drop(); - giving the same result as connection.disconnect();

How can I abort just the outbounding call while keeping the existing and unhold it?

5 Replies 5

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I ran this scenario using the JTAPI Test Tool, and at least for me Call.drop() on the consult call does remove the consult call, with the original call still being held; unholding that call resumes the original two-way call.  See attached video.

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed answer - I'll recheck the scenario using the call.drop().

I have seen in the video that after using the consult, the HELD call (CSF) - sent RTP input & output stop events. while the 1001 phone sent only output stopped event. 
I'm a bit confused because as far as I know the HELD call should become RTP receive only. why do we see these events from the phone that actually making the dial to 2002?
Is it possible to obtain the new RTP ports of the HELD call? I also saw in my script only RTP input & output stop events after it goes to HOLD state

The original call (1000<-->1001) is HELD, and the terminal connection for the 7975 receives RTP events to stop any output from the phone, and start receiving input from MoH; while the terminal connection (again, for the original call) for the CSF would receive RTP events to stop output and input (since the CSF device is no longer hearing/sending any media for the held call.)
For the HELD call, the only active RTP port would be RTP input (MoH stream) for the 1002/7975 terminal connection.

In a case where I am receiving and answering a call that arrives to a CTI port which I have terminal observer on that CTI. and the consult is using the CTI terminalConnection - is there a possibility to obtain the new RTP ports for the HELD call that previously arrived? Is obtaining the RTP events only possible by getting the terminalConnection for each individual device?

You should get RTP events only for terminals which you are observing.