cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lineDevSpecific silent monitor - Operation Failed

tevans2
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to iniate a silent monitoring session using TAPI in my admin C#/.NET application. After creating the CCiscoLineDevSpecificStartCallMonitoring object and filling in the parameters, the call to lineDevSpecific consistently returns the LINEERR_OPERATIONFAILED.  The code is below (C++):

auto monitor = new CCiscoLineDevSpecificStartCallMonitoring();

monitor->m_PermanentLineID = permanentLineId; // The permanent line ID of the agent

monitor->m_MonitorMode = 1;

monitor->m_ToneDirection = PlayToneDirection_NoLocalOrRemote; 

DWORD paramSize = monitor->dwSize();

long returnCode = lineDevSpecific(hLine, dwAddressID, NULL, monitor->lpParams(), paramSize);

I'm not sure what else I need to do to get this to work.  There may be other aspects of the code that are causing this problem, though I'm not sure what it could be.  Any help is appreciated

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Note, TAPI is not tested/supported for use with C#/.NET, i.e. via the compatibility layer mechanism.  Known issues include mainly/unfortunately lineDevSpecific requests, as these involve direct sharing of buffer-based objects.

Ensuring that the OS, application and TSP are both 32 bit or 64 bit may help, but unfortunately there is no sample code for C# and engineering will likely decline any support/escalation request due to lack of testing/support.

That's good to know.  Thank you.

Currently, what we have is a C#/.NET application, but the TAPI files and managers are in lower levels of the code, specifically in C++ files which we compile to .dll in order to access them via the higher levels of the application (the C#/.NET stuff).  Is there anything you can see within the code snippet in my original question that seems off?  I have that within one of our C++ TAPI Managers, so I would assume that lineDevSpecific should behave normally there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: