cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Call Using Route Point

bhoover02
Level 1
Level 1

In my TAPI application with CUCM 7.0.1 I need to place a call from some "virtual" extension that isn't associated with any actual phone to an actual extension, play a recording, and listen for DTMF. In other TAPI applications I have written I have used route points to accomplish this. Is seems like route points in the CUCM environment are only used to handle incoming calls. Is there a way to place an outgoing call using a route point? Or is there some other way I can accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks,

Ben

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ben,

According to Cisco Unified TAPI Developers Guide.

You can use Cisco Unified TAPI to control CTI route points. CTI route points allow Cisco Unified TAPI applications to redirect incoming calls with an infinite queue depth. This allows incoming calls to avoid busy signals.

CTI route point devices have an address capability flag of LINEADDRCAPFLAGS_ROUTEPOINT. When your application opens a line of this type, it can handle any incoming call by disconnecting, accepting, or redirecting the call to some other directory number. The basis for redirection decisions can be caller ID information, time of day, or other information that is available to the program.

I would request you to refer the following link - CUCM 7 integration  for related information.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

I think using a CTI port rather than a route point is what I want.

Thanks