Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI 3rd party monitoring and call control

ThePrimasGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been playing with TAPI and have been able to get Call Events to be seen by my application (Ring, answer, hold, etc). But when i use the LineDevSpecific function with the void*  to CCiscoLineDevSpecificCTIPortThirdPartyMonitor and then listen for the LINE_REPLY event, the result is a non-zero (negative) value which means an error. This translates to LINEERR_OPERATIONUNAVAIL (0x80000049).

I have followed the TAPI Developer guide and done the 3 steps:

1. Called lineNegotiateExtVersion with the highest bit set for both HI/LO Version parts on DeviceID
    2. Called lineOpen on DeviceID.
    3. Called lineDevSpecific with the void* from the CCiscoLineDevSpecificCTIPortThirdPartyMonitor class object.

The API Negotiated is 0x20001 which is Version 2.1.

The Version Negotiated is 0x800B0000 which should equal Version 11.

Does anything listed above sound wrong?

Can please anyone help guide me a little or correct me on what i am missing?

Many Thanks,

Rich.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Richard,

I''ve confirmed that although CIPC is a supported device for most TAPI events, CCiscoLineDevSpecificCTIPortThirdPartyMonitor is only supported on CTI Ports. If you try to use this API on anything other than a CTI Port then, then you will get the LINEERR_OPERATIONUNAVAIL error.

Thanks,

Adrienne

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ThePrimasGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Correction!! I found that i can successfully setup a Third Party Monitor, but i can only do this on CTI Ports (The CTI Ports i tried were connected to an IVR). But, whenever i try to setup a Third Party Monitor on an CIPC phone that is logged in as an Agent i get the error stated in my original question.

Does anyone know why i cannot monitor an CIPC phone?

Thanks!

Hi Richard,

What version of TSP client and CUCM are you using?

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hi Adrienne,

The version information on my TSP Notifier shows both Version and UI Version as 8.6(1.3).

The UCCX version is: 8.5.1.10000-37.

Thanks.

Hi Richard,

CIPC is a supported device. I see LINEERR_OPERATIONUNAVAIL = 0x80000049 means The operation is not available, such as for the given device or specified line.

We will need to look at the logs to see why your app is getting this error. Can you attach the TSP logs when the event occurs or open a developer support case (if entitled)?

Thanks,

Adrienne

Hi Richard,

I''ve confirmed that although CIPC is a supported device for most TAPI events, CCiscoLineDevSpecificCTIPortThirdPartyMonitor is only supported on CTI Ports. If you try to use this API on anything other than a CTI Port then, then you will get the LINEERR_OPERATIONUNAVAIL error.

Thanks,

Adrienne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: