cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL Script to retrieve ISDN UUI value

majszakm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I've found a fair amount of documentation that covers TCL scripts that reference elements/values of ISDN messages, but I cannot seem to find a specific example of a TCL script that captures the value of the UUI field. Does anyone have an example of doing so, and then using that value to send off to another system that doesn't support MIME format like CVP? My thought was that using TCL, after capturing the value, convert it from HEX to ASCII format (as it's numerical values), and then dial another number and DTMF that same numerical information into the other system. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/assistance

6 Replies 6

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks yawchen, I saw the first one you had sent, didn't see the second one. My concern was being able to retrieve the UUI value for reference in the TCL script. Do you see that being a problem, or is there a doc that covers what ISDN parameters are accessible via TCL? Thanks

To be honest, I will be hesitated to use it(retrieve UUI). Reasons:

1. Back to old days there are more people using Tcl IVR and and ISDN and more support. Now, not too many people using them. You know that the device and version of IOS also play a role too.

2. These are what you can get in term of doc - https://developer.cisco.com/site/voice-gateway/documents/api-documents/

3. As you can see in the past 10 years how many people asking the UUI with Tcl IVR. I am watching this community for that long and help customer use cases for that long, never havd a customer discussed this with me, only these couple you saw on the forum.

But it doesn't you cannot do it, just that I really don't know what will be the outcome. But if you try it and have the problem we can also ask someone to take a look.

If it's specifically related to contact centre and CVP then it typically gets asked on the CVP forum.  CVP is built to automatically extract UUI if the UUS GTD is present but can be configured to access any of the signalling information in GTD.  CVP bootstrap.tcl is also coded to extract the signalling specified in the TCL service params.  Using TCL to access GTD info always worked fine for me whenever I did it but agree it's always possible that something can get broken across versions. 

Thanks guys for your responses. Paul, could you send me or upload the CVP TCL files? If not all of them, the bootstrap.tcl file?

Try this as an example.   It should be more useful than the CVP files (which are located at C:\Cisco\CVP\OPSConsoleServer\GWDownloads)