cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer connect/handoff to SIP Provider using tcl on Dial-peer

Stephen Tomko
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has AT&T as their SIP Provider. I'm looking for some guidance on how I should build a tcl script to allow a transfer connect (connect a PSTN caller on the SIP Gateway to a non-network number, blind transfer, and terminating the call from the SIP Gateway's perspective). For AT&T, they wait for "*8" to be received by the gateway, which triggers a response from the SIP Provider, which awaits a 10-digits from the SIP Gateway. After receiving the digits, the SIP Provider disconnect's the call on the SIP Gateway and transfers the PSTN caller to the appropriate destination.

Now, on a standard Cisco IP Phone, we are not capable of just typing *8 during an inbound call, but, within a CVP script, we can initiate a transfer connect to the SIP provider by playing a WAV file mimicking *8 tones. The CVP script is only initiated through scripting mechanisms, so after the agent receives the call, he/she wants to transfer the call to another non-network number without tying two SIP ports.

I read through the SIP REFER transfer method in the programming guide, but I need to find a way to allow the agent to initiate the tcl script to perform this type of transfer on behalf of the caller. I'm not sure if the tcl script needs to be initiated on the inbound dial-peer and is waiting for something special from the agent phone, or if he needs to do a blind transfer to a dial-peer.

Some guidance would be great. I can't handle programming solid food, so baby talk is preferred. I appreciate whatever help I can get.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you may talking about AT&T "Transfer Connect Service"

Calls are transferred by entering an access code *8 (*T) on a touch tone phone followed by any AT&T toll-free number, OCC 8YY, POTS Number, or Nodal Routing Number (note: requires the use of speed dial.)..........

The key is that you need to monitor the DTMF coming from agent once you see the "*8" then capture the next 10 digits for transferring

You can also open e DevNet support ticket for help on the Tcl IVR programming.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you may talking about AT&T "Transfer Connect Service"

Calls are transferred by entering an access code *8 (*T) on a touch tone phone followed by any AT&T toll-free number, OCC 8YY, POTS Number, or Nodal Routing Number (note: requires the use of speed dial.)..........

The key is that you need to monitor the DTMF coming from agent once you see the "*8" then capture the next 10 digits for transferring

You can also open e DevNet support ticket for help on the Tcl IVR programming.

Bingo. Very good. Will do. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: