cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the scheme url of app transfer to jabber and trigger to call

hqm007
Level 1
Level 1

I'm now developing an ios app, when click on a phone number, it needs to transfer to jabber, and trigger to give a call with this number.

I know I need to describe a uri scheme like "xmpp:{phone number}"  , but I don't know the exact, does anybody know this?  

what is the exact scheme url of transfer to jabber and trigger to give a call .

11 Replies 11

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try URL protocol handler, e.g.: CISCOTEL://+14055551212

See: On-Premises Deployment for Cisco Jabber/Protocol Handlers

Thank you for your reply, I read the document.

Then I tried CISCOTEL:// , CISCOTEL:  and also CLICKTOCALL:// SIP:// with the phone number behind.

but, they all transferred to Jabber's first page(contacts), not the dial page, and did nothing, didn't display any phone number.

Do I miss anything?

Looks like there are some specific Jabber configs that might effect the ability to crosslaunch directly into a call, e.g.:

Screenshot from 2022-08-19 14-50-50.png

Seems to work for me on Windows (don't have an iPhone to test on here...)

but jabber app on iPhone does not have these configs like Windows.

Are there anything else?

I found when transfer to Jabber app, it appears to stop on the contact page, and the '+'mark on the right top flashed once ,and do nothing. Seems like do the add contact action?

So I suppose does the protocol handler not go to the phone page but to the contact page wrongly?

Are there any other protocol handler  can have a try?

contact.JPG

Hmm...perhaps Jabber will not permit directly starting a call to a destination that is not an existing contact..?  What happens if you go ahead and add the contact?  What happens if you try the protocol handler again, when the contact exists?

At this point, I don't have much more info to share, unfortunately - you might need to contact Cisco TAC for further in-depth troubleshooting...

Hi dstaudt,

I also tried transfer to call to an existing contact, but still failed as the same.

So, then I should contact Cisco TAC? Could you please tell me the contact address?

Thank you for your help!

Although ask for  Cisco Tac's help need a contact number, but I can't get it from my company...

hqm007
Level 1
Level 1

Anyway, I solved the issue.

Key point is ,scheme must be lower case.

ciscotel:// , ciscotel : ,  clicktotel://  sip://+phone number they all work.

Dstaudt, Thank you again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: