Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuo12316 - 3850 Continous percentSNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: errors

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I am working with a customer using Cisco's Common Services Platform Collector and we ran into this bug. Can you conform the workaround to disable/re-enable snmp-server commands are as follows please?

Disabling the SNMP Agent

Perform this task to disable any version of an SNMP agent.

SUMMARY STEPS

1.    enable

2.    configure terminal

3.    no snmp-server 

4.    end

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/snmp/configuration/xe-3se/3850/snmp-xe-3se-3850-book/nm-snmp-snmpv1.html#GUID-BB511BAD-AD5F-4716-A029-0F491CDCF95F

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Palani Mohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From global config, issuing the cmd no snmp-server disables SNMP functionality. You can verify this by issuing show snmp which should return a message SNMP agent is disabled.

To restore the config, issue any one of the snmp cmds and it will result in all cmds (previously present) to be added back to the config.

Sincerely ... Palani

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

John LaFrance
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing this same syslog message on a stack of three 3850's that has an uptime of 38 weeks, running IOS-XE 3.7.3 code.

I removed all of our "snmp-server" commands, saved the config, and re-added the same snmp-server commands. This seems to have stopped the flooding of the messages, but for how long?

John

This problem has not been consistently reproduced so far. So, there is no real solution for this. Other bugs reporting similar problem are:

CSCup74265 and CSCug29704 are examples of such bugs.

3.7.3 is relatively new release.  We are not seeing this in our testing. We really need a customer who is willing to work with us on this. While the troubleshooting is not likely to cause service interruption, it will likely lead to extra work for customers, to work with Cisco team. Without a willing customer, it does not look like any progress could be made.

If you are willing to work with us, please email me your Cisco.com Id and I can see how to get some traction back on this problem. My email is pamohan@cisco.com

Regret the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely ... Palani

Good Morning,

I know it has been a while however I am seeing the same issues:

"%SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full"

35201422 SNMP packets input
    0 Bad SNMP version errors
    64 Unknown community name
    0 Illegal operation for community name supplied
    4 Encoding errors
    137647114 Number of requested variables
    0 Number of altered variables
    19345620 Get-request PDUs
    1067573 Get-next PDUs
    504 Set-request PDUs
    181950 Input queue packet drops (Maximum queue size 1000)

We are running 03.02.03.SE which I think needs upgrading.  However we have one other 3850 that is also running 3.2.3 and it is not having this issue.  With that said I still think upgrading is needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

I'm sad to report that the syslog messages have returned, so soon after reapplying the snmp-server commands. This issue does not seem to affect switch performance though. I am working with Cisco to help them gather more info and hopefully a solution.

Palani Mohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From global config, issuing the cmd no snmp-server disables SNMP functionality. You can verify this by issuing show snmp which should return a message SNMP agent is disabled.

To restore the config, issue any one of the snmp cmds and it will result in all cmds (previously present) to be added back to the config.

Sincerely ... Palani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: