Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCve15706 - 8821 built in microphone fails after customer use

Pops.1953
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Anybody out there in CISCO world have any suggestions or helpful hints on resolving

the microphone not working on 8821 wireless phones?

thanks; Pops

33 Replies 33

whoever read this--here is my question to you
some of these 8821 phones which are having well known issues like mic problems, single AP connection and other known bugs from day one---shouldn't they replace these phones when customers call them? One year warranty should not be relevant in this case. Yes, if my phone has cracked screen, dipped in water or anything else, I wouldn't even ask for a replacement.

According to what I know, from cisco sources and others, it seems that the last hardware release "CP-8821-k9 V09" running with the last software release "sip8821.11-0-5SR2-2" corrects a lot of problems (not all for sure but main issues).
I haven't yet a reliable feedback on our installation to confirm that but it's on testing...

Ok..good to know that. I will watch for HW revision on new batch  of phones.

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

so Microphone issue continues for me!!! Another issue to add--- I have bunch of phones showing only one bar (wireless signal strength) and they only connect to single AP doesn't matter what you do!!! Working phones at the same spot are seeing at least 4 to 6 APs. I have been busy RMA these phones but now even RMA phones are refurbished and old.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: