cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvg22923 - CUCM unauthorized access vulnerability

Stefan Weixler
Level 1
Level 1

Is a reboot of the systems necessary after applying the patch?

rgrds

Stefan

5 Replies 5

anthonyroesler
Level 1
Level 1
Is the reboot necessary? I'm getting a doesn't exist on the "Read Me" for the COP file.

URL for the readme is: https://www.cisco.com/web/software/282204704/18582/CSCvg22923-COP-Readme-Rev2.pdf

The link in the CSC is badly mangled.

The document shows now, and states "A server reboot is not required with this update." 

I wonder though, is there a way to check if a system is vulnerable? 

It is described in the CSA:

Refresh Upgrade Method Verification

To verify whether the product has been exposed to the vulnerability by the refresh upgrade method, issue the following command at the CLI to view the system-history.log file:

admin: file view install system-history.log

The following example shows a refresh upgrade entry in the system-history.log file:

02/28/2013 14:56:05 | root: Upgrade (refresh) 10.0.0.97016-27 Success

The following example shows a standard upgrade entry in the system-history.log file:

10/13/2017 18:56:07 | root: Upgrade 12.0.1.20000-3 Success

PCD Migration Method Verification

To verify whether the product has been exposed to this vulnerability by the PCD migration method, issue the following command at the CLI to view the install.log file:

admin: file view install install.log

The following example shows a PCD migration log entry in the install.log file:

10/16/2017 13:59:13 post_install|Starting post_install processing - VOS_INSTALL_CONTEXT = M1|

The following example shows a normal fresh install log entry in the install.log file:

08/15/2011 08:56:03 post_install|Starting post_install processing - VOS_INSTALL_CONTEXT = install|

the quickest way to do it is:

1.file search install system-history.log (refresh)

if this returns anything then you've had an refresh install done.

2. file search install install.log VOS_INSTALL_CONTEXT

normal VOS_INSTALL_CONTEXT = install (normal installation)

unnormal VOS_INSTALL_CONTEXT = M1 (in this case it looks like your system was migrated with PCD.